Happy new year everyone!
We can’t believe that 2017 has come and gone so fast.
Since it’s a brand new year it’s time for new changes, new goals, new aspirations and new resolutions. Not only for our personal lives but also for this blog, we want to explore, create different content and try new things.
It’s always great to change it up a bit so your creativity can flow, and what better time to start something than the new year.
So be ready to see more posts about different types of things.
Sharlene’s Goals & Resolutions
- Get more blog followers
- Meeting Josh’s family
- Lose a few pounds
- Make more friends
- Making Josh happy
- Create a business
- Creating new and exciting blog content
- Going to Kansas
- Be happy
- Stay positive
- Remember to appreciate the small things
- Travel more
- Be more healthy
- Meet more people
- Being a better person
- Read more
- Spending more time together as a couple
- Read the Bible more
- Pray more often
- Started the blog not knowing what we were going for, but very glad we did.
- Tried new things.
- Had my first date.
- Brought Josh home to meet the family.
- Starting a new journey in life with Josh.
- Got a new camera
- Took more chances.
Josh’s Reflections & Resolutions
- Buy a house
- Give everything that Sharlene deserves
- Promote our blog more
- Get a better job
- Make partner on twitch this year!
- Make Sharlene happy
- Try to enjoy the little things more
- Sleep more
- Workout more
- Be healthier
- Focus more and set goals
- Traveling to California to see the love of my life was very exciting. (Went three times)
- Got on a plane for the first time.
- Meeting Sharlene’s family was nerve-wracking but also very relieving. They welcomed me into the family, with open arms!
- Started this blog with Sharlene and it was very exciting
- Stepped out of my comfort zone but well worth it.
- Overall an amazing year!
Wishes you all a blessed and wonderful New Years!
Can’t wait to share the new things that are coming soon.
-Sharlene & Josh
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Unfortunately for us, we’re in a long distance relationship so it’s harder during the holidays since we can’t physically spend it together. But we try to look on the bright side and make the best of what we have. Luckily we live in a time where we can use technology to our advantage.
The smallest things are very important, whether it’s sending a Christmas card, opening Christmas gift while FaceTiming or watching a movie while Skyping. Making any type of effort in seeing each other makes all the difference. I know it gets hard and sad at times but it’s best to look on the bright side of things. Why dwell on the things you can’t change. Instead try to keep yourself occupied, spend some time with your friends and family, enjoy those moments and cherish them. Appreciate the small things in life after all that’s what Christmas is about.
Although we may not get to spend Christmas together this year, we have still hope that next year we will. So if you’re also in a long distance relationship don’t let it get to you, your day will come one day just don’t give up because the best things in life are worth fighting for.
So stay safe, spend time with loved ones and We wish you a very Merry blessed Christmas.
Just one more week until Christmas! I can’t believe it’s almost here, there’s so much to do and not much time left but no matter how busy I get, I always make time for some Christmas themed movies. During this time of year I look forward to watching all my favorite Christmas movies, just watching them gets me in the Christmassy mood. I usually like to watch them while I’m gift wrapping and baking.
Since it’s almost Christmas I wanted to share a list of some of the movies that I like to watch to get me ready for the big day.
- The Nightmare before Christmas
- A Charlie browns Christmas
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- A Christmas story
- It’s a wonderful life
- Home alone
- Jack Frost
- National Lampoon’s Christmas vacation
- The Santa Clause
- The Holiday
- Scrooged with Bill Murray
- Love Actually
What are some of your favorite Christmas movies? If you have any suggestions please leave them in the comments below so we can check them out. =)
Hope you all have a wonderful week filled with laughter and lots of movie watching.
Fear is what comes to mind when I think of Halloween. But that’s not the only type fear out there, the fear of loosing a loved one, the fear of trying something new or the fear of failing in something, the list can go on and on.
I know from personal experience that fear can stop you from trying to accomplish things in life. It’s hard for me to try new things because I’m afraid of leaving my comfort zone. I rather play it safe then to try something new because I have a thought in the back of my mind telling me, WHAT IF? What if things don’t go according to plan? What if you get hurt? What if it wasn’t worth doing? This is what goes through my mind because I’m such an overthinker, I always have to think of the negative before the positive and by the time I get to the positive it’s pretty much too late since all the negativity has gotten to me by then.
But what we have to remember is that FEAR IS TEMPORARY. It’s NOT going to last forever. But the things that we don’t do because of fear is going to become Regret and that’s something that will stick with you.
One of the things that I’ve done to face my fears was to take a chance on a guy who didn’t live in the same state as me. Pushing through the long distance, taking a chance on a relationship and trusting him.
If I hadn’t faced my fears and taken that chance I would most likely be thinking back right now with regret, wondering what would have happened if I did?
So ignore your fears and live life to the fullest! I know it’s easier said then done but pushing your fears aside and doing the things you want in life will be the most rewarding feeling.
Also, pray. Praying over your fears does wonders, always know that you’re never alone and that GOD is always with you.
Have a fearless week and I’ll see you next Monday.
Patience is a virtue or so the saying goes, But instant gratification is more of what our society knows.
“Good things come to those who wait.” Probably something you’ve heard more than a few times in your life. I stand by this quote because it’s happened to me before. I know that having to wait for something to happen can be hard because we’re humans, we’re impatient and we want things to happen right away even though we know that’s not how life works.
Sometimes you have to just step back, and let things happen the way they should. Let life happen. There’s nothing wrong with waiting.
Something that I’ve learned as an adult, is that if you have to wait for something or someone, the wait is usually always worth it.
Hope you all have a blessed week and I’ll see you next Monday.
Stress! what can I say… it’s everywhere. School, work, family, relationships. Just about everything causes stress, even the good things like planning a wedding or birthday party can cause you stress. It’s like no matter where you go or what you do somehow it will follow you.
When I’m stressing over something whether it be a big or small problem I like to ask myself these questions.
- Why is this stressful? Really think about it, sometimes you come to realize that it wasn’t even worth stressing over to begin with.
- Why are you doing this? Is it worth the stress? If not then stop doing it.
- Can you give it up? Sometimes it’s worth giving up things that are unnecessary to stress over.
- Is it worth holding on to? I know sometimes its hard letting go but sometimes it’s what’s best for you.
- Is it worth stressing over with? Sometimes you can get ahead of yourself and start to think of the negatives instead of the positives instead of doing the opposite.
- Don’t OVERTHINK! I know it’s hard not to do but just try not to think about it so much, TBH it won’t help you doing so.
- I know it might seem difficult right now but in the long run, you’ll look back and think it wasn’t so hard after all because you were able to make it through.
Since there’s practically nothing you can do about preventing stress, here are a few simple things you can do to cope with it.
- Taking a bubble bath
- Watching a movie (I always recommend comedy)
- Go on a little getaway (have a little you time)
- Shopping (retail therapy is a must)
- Taking a walk
- Hanging out with friends
- Playing with pets
- Talking with someone
- Some say cleaning (I’m not a fan of this one haha)
- Napping (My boyfriends favorite)
- Listening to Music (I know this one works)
- Don’t forget to breathe!
I know this post was longer than intended but I hope you enjoyed and it was somewhat helpful to some.
Have a wonderful week and see you next Monday!
It’s Monday again so you know what that means! Time for another motivational post =)
I noticed that this week I needed some extra motivation when it came to school. I know there’s a lot of college/ high-school students that can agree with me on this, but having to balance school, relationships, friendships, work and just life in general can get difficult. Trying to do well in school and staying motivated when times get tough can be hard when you have a bunch of other things occupying your mind.
Just remember to always remind yourself that you can do this! Just don’t give up no matter how hard it might get, give yourself more credit, and you can do all things through HIM who gives you strength.
Hope you all have a wonderful week and I’ll see you next Monday!