Something that I will always remember from my childhood was my dad’s egg sandwiches. The way he made them were simply delicious. They’re quick and simple to make, and the great thing about them is that you don’t have to wait until breakfast to eat them, you can have them any time that you want.
- 2 slices bacon (Diced)
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 slices American cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 slices of toasted bread (whichever is your favorite)
- A handful of chopped onion
- Optional: Canned of sliced Jalapenos
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and bacon, cook until brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pop bread into the toaster.
- Add eggs to the skillet about 2-3 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. And scramble all together.
- Place a slice of cheese over each slice of bread once it’s out of the toaster and set aside.
- To assemble the sandwiches, top one of the slices of bread with the scrambled eggs. and top it off with the other slice of bread.
- You can add the jalapenos in the sandwich or serve a side.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe!