Keeping your Christmas cheer during this time of the year.
Oh, the holidays. The time for joy, cheer, family and happiness. Although it’s a wonderful and beautiful holiday sometimes it can get a bit stressful and overwhelming to find the perfect gift.
During this time of year, my memories consist of always going to the mall with my mom, waiting in long lines, decorating the tree and helping with the gift wrapping and cooking. So I understand how busy people can and lose track of what Christmas is really about.
In order for me to keep my cool and be more joyful this year, I made a short list of some things that you can do to look past the stress and focus more on being cheerful and feeling the Christmas spirit.
1. SHOPPING! Now I’ll admit this is something I do enjoy doing no matter what the occasion is but hey, Christmas only comes around once a year and seeing the look on your loved one with something that you hand-picked for them is priceless.
I know times are tough so sometimes it’s hard to give presents but you don’t always need to go out and buy things. You can always make your gifts if anything they have more meaning. It’s the thought that counts not the price.
2. Prayer and Reading the Bible – Take some time out of your day to pray and to read the Word. If you’re looking for a bible study, I suggest checking out Proverb 31 Online Bible Studies. All you need is your book.
3. Listen to some Christmas music! I love Christmas music, it gets me in such a happy mood. I play it when I’m cleaning, driving, wrapping gifts, cooking and just having it play in the house as background noise gives out a nice ambiance.
4. DECORATE – Decorating and getting into the spirit of Christmas, making your home look and feel alive can be such a mood booster.
5. BAKING – This is one of my favorite things to do especially during the holidays. Not only does it make your home smell amazing, you get a delicious homemade treat to enjoy at the end.
Just remember that Christmas is more than just about gifts, decorating and materialistic things. although it’s nice to receive and do those things sometimes we tend to forget about what Christmas really is. Spending time with loved ones and appreciating the true meaning of Christmas is what’s it’s all about.
I hope you all have a cheerful week, take some time to relax and enjoy what this season is about