Stress! what can I say… it’s everywhere. School, work, family, relationships. Just about everything causes stress, even the good things like planning a wedding or birthday party can cause you stress. It’s like no matter where you go or what you do somehow it will follow you.
When I’m stressing over something whether it be a big or small problem I like to ask myself these questions.
- Why is this stressful? Really think about it, sometimes you come to realize that it wasn’t even worth stressing over to begin with.
- Why are you doing this? Is it worth the stress? If not then stop doing it.
- Can you give it up? Sometimes it’s worth giving up things that are unnecessary to stress over.
- Is it worth holding on to? I know sometimes its hard letting go but sometimes it’s what’s best for you.
- Is it worth stressing over with? Sometimes you can get ahead of yourself and start to think of the negatives instead of the positives instead of doing the opposite.
- Don’t OVERTHINK! I know it’s hard not to do but just try not to think about it so much, TBH it won’t help you doing so.
- I know it might seem difficult right now but in the long run, you’ll look back and think it wasn’t so hard after all because you were able to make it through.
Since there’s practically nothing you can do about preventing stress, here are a few simple things you can do to cope with it.
- Taking a bubble bath
- Watching a movie (I always recommend comedy)
- Go on a little getaway (have a little you time)
- Shopping (retail therapy is a must)
- Taking a walk
- Hanging out with friends
- Playing with pets
- Talking with someone
- Some say cleaning (I’m not a fan of this one haha)
- Napping (My boyfriends favorite)
- Listening to Music (I know this one works)
- Don’t forget to breathe!
I know this post was longer than intended but I hope you enjoyed and it was somewhat helpful to some.
Have a wonderful week and see you next Monday!