Never would I have thought that our blog would ever be nominated for an award. Being woken up by my boyfriend telling me that I have to check our blog email this morning took me by surprise since he usually takes care of it. There it was, an email from Renae McGill telling us that she had nominated our blog for the Liebster Award!
Since our blog is small, some days I wondered if anyone would ever come across it and if they did would they even like it. So it was a big surprise to us to get noticed from another blogger. It just goes to show that you shouldn’t give up what you enjoy doing because one day your hard work will pay off.
Since we’re being nominated, we have to answer a few questions about ourselves so here we go! =)
- What made you start blogging?
Josh (boyfriend) was the one who had the idea for us to make a blog. He knew how much I was into photography and how I posted a lot on Instagram, he told me it would be nice to write how I felt while taking them and about the journey we had together. It’s sort of a diary blog I guess you can say, something we can look back on together. =)
- Do we have a schedule for blogging? Certain days we post on the blog?
Sadly no, I would love to be able to post more but with school, work and being in a long distance relationship, it’s kinda hard being able to go on trips together. Normally we just post pictures of the adventures that we have together.
- Do we have any pets?
Yes, we do! I have a Maltipoo named Fluffy and Josh has a Irish Setter named a Penny that we both love soo much.
- If I had ONE extra ticket to my favorite band/musician concert, who would I take with me?
That’s an easy one! Of course, I would take my bf and if it were up to him he would take me. =)
- When times get tough, how do you deal with stress?
I normally call Josh to talk it out, if not I’ll just listen to some music or watch some Netflix. If it’s something more that I just can’t handle I pray and turn to God.
- Advice for new bloggers?
Never give up! No matter how hard things might get or if you feel like your blog is going nowhere, don’t stop posting. I know it might seem hard at first wondering if it’s even worth doing but just remember that you’re blogging for you and no one else. Blogging should be something that you enjoy doing for yourself and when the time is right everything else should fall into place.
Thank you so much Renae from the airforce sweetheart for nominating us it really means a lot. I definitely recommend everyone to check her out!
My questions for the nominees:
- If you can have any super power what would it be and why?
- When blogging, do you do other things? (listen to music, watch tv, ect.)
- What’s one piece of advice someone given you?
- If you where in a deserted island and can only take ONE person to be with you who would you take?
- What’s one thing you can’t live without?
- What’s a guilty pleasure of yours?
- If you can live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Last but not least the nominees that we have chosen are…
All of the blogs above are worth checking out! We love looking at other blogs and watching each other grow!
Thank you once again Renae for picking our blog! It means a lot for us since we never thought this would happen!
Sharlene & Josh